FOURTH QUARTER 2010 - STAKEHOLDER UPDATE
As the competition moves into the fourth quarter, it is with glimmering pride and a sparkle of excitement that we move into the final leg of 2010. This year’s competition has indeed been one representative of Enduring Bonds. Through our various partnerships, opportunities are created to develop Znew relationships and strengthen old ones. As a result of these great bonds with our Forevermark markets, the collection is travelling the globe and receiving outstanding publicity at the events where it is introduced.
Since my last update, here is the latest Shining Light publicity news:
AUGUST & SEPTEMBER 2010:
- The Shining Light Collection hit the ramp as one of the main attractions at the prestigious Bidvest Annual Award Dinner held at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg.
- Bidvest is one of the top 100 companies in Southern Africa and hosts an annual award ceremony over 4 nights with over 1000 guests per night attended by suppliers, business partners and staff. A portion of the proceeds is donated to charity.
- De Beers has been identified as a strategic partner by the Department of Mineral Resources and as such was invited to showcase the Shining Light Collection at the Annual Ingxoxo: Women in Mining Conference Gala Dinner in August hosted by Honourable Minister of Mines (South Africa) Mrs Susan Shabangu.
- This year marks the 54th anniversary of women’s march to the Union Buildings against pass laws and informed by this event, the current social economic condition and the anticipated prosperity of women in our country, the conference theme was “Celebrating legacy whilst forging ahead to a brighter future” The event was attended by over 300 women who are involved in mining either as shareholders, executives, investors or miners.
The 1st official viewing of the 2010 collection was launched in China (Beijing) at an exclusive Forevermark cocktail function attended by over 300 guests ranging from media representatives to governments officials, diplomats, celebrities and socialites.
OCTOBER TO NOVEMBER 2010
The collection is currently in Japan and is scheduled for the following events:
- Forevermark Japan launch Cocktail Event for media and celebrities
- Public Exhibition at Takashimaya which is the most prestigious department store in Tokyo. The estimated no of people expected to view the collection is between 5, 000 – 10,000 per day.
- Exclusive coverage in two leading Japanese monthly magazines
We look forward to seeing more of the collection at various events and will keep you posted and as always, thank you for your support.
Head of Marketing – Southern Africa
De Beers Group Marketing