FIRST QUARTER 2011 - UPDATE
Lets recap on Shining Light Q4 2010 events:
From July 2010 to December 2010, the collection travelled across China, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore. And we received magnificent coverage which has now been published on this website. For this we thank our Forevermark China, Hong Kong and Japan offices.
So what have been up to so far this year? :
- In January we received fantastic coverage from a China based magazine.
- In February we received great coverage in Business Day Wanted Magazine (South Africa), they ran 6 pages of Shining Lights.
- Then again in February we launched the entire Southern African collection in JHB, South Africa and it was a massive success. Hosted by me and co-hosted by Varda Shine and Stephen Lussier. Nicky Oppenheimer delivered the opening speech and announced the overall winner – Chow Tai Fook. In terms of client attendance, we were pleased to have over 100 Sightholders and Brokers from across Israel, Antwerp, India, Namibia, UK, South Africa and Botswana. Pictures of the launch are published on this site.
- The South African launch was also covered on National Television.
- Also in February, we had the resoundingly successful Namibian NDTC launch. And the deputy minister of Mines, Mr Willem Isaacks, attended and delivered a fantastic speech about our partnership with Namibian Government and how proud they are of the Shining Light Awards. I co-hosted with an NDTC KAM, Roswitha and we had fabulous speakers such as Mr Ndjaba (the CEO) and the Deputy Minister of Mines, Brent Eiseb – it was a really grand affair which was incredibly well attended. Namibia was proud. The overall winning piece was sponsored by Steinmetz – Namcot. Pictures of the launch are published on this website.
- South African Fashion Week
- Asian Film Awards
- DTCB Launch
- India Fashion Magazine cover shoot and 6 pages inside
- Exhibition at Harry Oppenheimer Museum in Tel Aviv
We have produced a really informative video on “the road to the collection” which outlines the process we go through, to arrive at this magnificent collection. For those of you who were not at the launches, please have a look at the video on the website
Once again, thank you all very much for your support and investment in the Shining Light Initiative.
Until the Q2 report,
Head of Marketing – Southern Africa
De Beers Group Marketing